Thursday, July 17, 2008

Concept Selling ?

You must be thinking what RaviKiran is going to talk about the Concept selling.
As you all know that I am software engineer by profession and not into sales and marketing.
Yes, you are right....... I am not much into Sales and marketing and even you can say I a big Zero in these concepts, but still today I want to discuss the concept called Concept Selling.
Let's not waste time and get into our business now.

Def:
The philosophy or orientation of an organisation which emphasises aggressive selling to achieve its objectives. Firms characterised by this approach often rely upon pressure selling and manipulative sales techniques to win business.

I think you understand what is concept selling now and how the concept selling companies work.

Oh ...... Don't say you don't understand this ...... if you didn't understand this simple definition then how will you survive in this world.
hmmmm
Let me give an example for you .....

Dad: I want you to marry a girl of my choice

Son: I want to choose my own bride.

Dad: But the girl is Bill Gate's daughter.

Son: Well, in that case......yes.


Next, the dad approaches Bill Gates



Dad: I have a husband for your daughter.

Bill: But my daughter is too young to marry.

Dad: But this young man is a vice-President of the World Bank.

Bill: Ah, in that case.....yes.



Finally, the dad goes to see the president of the World Bank.

Dad: I have a young man to be recommended as a vice-president.

President: But I already have more vice-presidents than I need.

Dad: But this young man is Bill Gate's son-in-law.

President: Ah, in that case.......yes.


Now, this is what concept selling!!

Hope you all enjoyed this concept. Keep Smiling :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. I am a proud participant of this Race !!!!